Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Buckinghamshire, UK
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Mudflap
Recently a new member asked how to remove the stereo, so here is a quick attempt of a how to! Mine is a 2012 UK manual gear 89 dci. I am sure there will be slight differences if they have an auto.
I am not responsible for any damage or injuries you may incur! This work is done at your own risk. BE VERY CAREFULL THE PRESSED METAL HAS VERY SHARP EDGES! I have had a few cuts!
1. Remove gear lever surround by pulling upwards towards roof lining. Once unclipped slide back.
2. remove screws at base of housing.
3. trickiest bit remove outside air vent know by pushing up.
Little knob unclips and looks like this......
4. Finger tips at base pull the surround towards you, you can use a thin stubby screwdriver or a thin allen key to get behind if you have fat fingers! Improvise!
5. Remove the four screws on either side of the stereo, slide it out (towards you) and its done!
Hope this helps.